Heavy Duty Doors
The Tiger Heavy Duty Door Series starts with a core that consists of a 3/8” triangular cell phenolic-impregnated kraft honeycomb surrounded by a rigid high-modulus, pultruded FRP tubular structural stile, rail and midrail sub-frame. At each of the sealed corner joints and hardware locations of the sub-frame, non-hygroscopic polymer blocking is inserted as reinforcement, providing the ultimate in strength for screw retention and compression resistance.
The skins for the door begin with the application of an “in-mold” 25-30 mil gel coat. Then a chopped strand glass fiber mat is applied to form the connective tissue, followed by a muscular bi-axial glass fiber structural reinforcement layer that further strengthens the door skins.
Finally, the composite skins are simultaneously fused onto both faces and all edges of the door under pressure until cured — not only to the FRP sub-frame but to the entire honeycomb core—forming a bond that fully integrates all the components. This highly advanced method of assembly using press-mold technology is only available from Tiger Door. Each door is factory finished with a specially formulated multi-component polyurethane industrial chemical coating for the semi-gloss color topcoat.
The Tiger Heavy Duty Door Series comes with a limited lifetime warranty and provides excellent service life and corrosion resistance for the most severe environments.
We pride ourselves on the attention to detail found in our finely engineered doors. See the product detail photos in the gallery below.
swipe for more gallery photos
- Door Structure Type: Perimeter Stile and Rail
- Midrail: Horizontal Midrail
- Door Structure Material Type: Pultruded Fiberglass Tubing 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" square, 1/8' wall thickness
- Stile/Rail Glass Content (Glass to Resin Ratio): 50% (1:1)
- #12 Sheet Metal Hinge Screw Pullout Resistance: 900lbs.
- Lockset Reinforcement: Perforated Polymer Blocking and/or Minimum 20lb/ft3 Density Polymer Blocking
- Closer Blocking: Minimum 20lb/ft3 Density Polymer Blocking and/or Perforated Polymer Blocking
- Hinge Mortise Machined By Manufacturer: Standard
- Standard Core Material: 3/8” Triangular Cell Phenolic Impregnated Kraft Honeycomb
- International Building Code Chapter 26 Compliant Core Material: Yes
- Door Skin Fiberglass Reinforcement: Bi-Directional Knitted Fiberglass Roving and Chopped Strand Fiberglass Mat
- Assembly Process: Fused By Press Molding
- Size Limitations (Seamless): Single 5’ X 12’ Double 10’ X 12’
- Window/Louvre Cutout Reinforcement: Pultruded Fiberglass Tube Molded In
- Standard Window Profile Material: Pultruded Fiberglass Standard, Metal Kits are Optional
- Standard Window Profile: 45 Degree Sloped Stops
- Standard Window Profile Attachment: Hidden Fasteners
- Louvre Profile Material: Pultruded Fiberglass Standard, Metal Kits are Optional
- Fiberglass Louvre Profiles: V and Flat Blade
- Lock Pocket Machined by Manufacturer: Standard
- Color Coat Finish: Industrial Polyurethane Coating, Optional Primer
- Surface Sheen: Semi-Gloss
- Color Availability: 3 Standard (White, Tan, or Gray), 24 Pre-Matched Colors, Custom Color Match Available
- Warranty: Heavy Duty fiberglass doors shall be guaranteed for the life of the product against failure due to corrosion from the specific chemical environment named at the time of purchase. Tiger Doors are also guaranteed for the life of the product to meet the door industry standards for flatness. Furthermore all products are inspected prior to shipment and guaranteed against defective workmanship for a period of ten (10) calendar years after the date of purchase.